AUBURN, Maine (August 15, 2017) – U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® have released the 2018 Best Lawyers in America® list, and eight attorneys from the firm of Skelton Taintor & Abbott have been named. Best Lawyers® is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing reflects the respect of fellow members of the legal profession as well as the public.
The attorneys and their practice areas are:
- Jill A. Checkoway, Trusts and Estates
- Bryan M. Dench, Tax Law and Litigation & Controversy – Tax
- Ronald P. Lebel, Family Law
- Sarah C. Mitchell, Family Law
- Michael R. Poulin, Health Care Law and Labor Law – Union
- Norman J. Rattey, Real Estate Law
- Stephen B. Wade, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs and Defendants, Medical Malpractice – Plaintiffs
- Rebecca S. Webber, Employment Law – Individuals and Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
This is the 20th such recognition for Dench, 18th time for Lebel to receive this honor and 11th recognition for Wade and Checkoway.
“We are honored that eight attorneys in our firm have been recognized, including first-time honoree Sarah C. Mitchell,” said Dench, the firm’s chairman. “It represents the standard of excellence that all of the firm’s attorneys embrace and reflects the high esteem we have earned from our professional peers and clients.”
Skelton Taintor & Abbott is one of Maine’s leading law firms serving individuals and businesses in litigation and general representation throughout northern New England for more than 150 years. The firm has been named in U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in America. For more information, call 207.784.3200.