The death of a loved one is never easy to bear. Such an occurrence is made even more difficult if it is the result of another person’s negligent behavior. Under Maine’s laws, a wrongful death claim can be brought to recover damages for that wrongful death. Wrongful death claims include every type of accidental death, from car accidents to medical malpractice.
Skelton Taintor & Abbott has successfully represented many families who have had to deal with the impact of a loved one’s death caused by the negligence of another person. We are familiar with the unique issues and complexities that are involved in wrongful death claims. Damages that you may be able to recover include:
- Medical, funeral, and burial expenses;
- Compensation for any pain or suffering experienced by the victim before death;
- Compensation for the loss of the victim’s financial support;
- Reimbursement for any future services normally provided to the survivors by the victim;
- Compensation for the loss of the victim’s parental training and guidance;
- Compensation for the loss of the victim’s companionship.
If you believe your loved one was killed as a result of the negligence or misconduct of another, please call us at (207) 784-3200 or (800) 639-7026, or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We handle wrongful death claims on behalf of clients in the Lewiston-Auburn area, as well as cities and towns across the state, including Portland, Biddeford, Bangor, Augusta, Waterville, Rockland, and other Maine communities.