Commercial real estate law demands an in-depth understanding of both business law and real estate law. As one of central Maine’s largest law firms, we have a 160-year-long record of success in both. Many of New England’s notable commercial real estate projects were built on the strong legal and financial foundation Skelton Taintor & Abbott’s top-ranked attorneys provide.
In the planning and construction phases of a commercial real estate project, ST&A advises builders, developers, companies, and investors on:
- site location, which can involve resolving disputes over the status of public or formerly public ways, rights-of-way, boundary disputes, quiet title actions and partitions
- regulatory approvals and appeals to state and local land use boards (such as planning boards and boards of appeal)
- building and specialized zoning such as subdivision, waterfront, and wetlands
- purchase and sales, closings, and title insurance
- formation of condominiums, planned unit developments, and owners’ associations
In the case of delays, grievances, regulatory challenges or conflict, our clients know we will build the best possible case for their interests in hearings, appeals or court. Our convenient, centralized location in Auburn, Maine, keeps us closer to more of the clients we serve—while also allowing us to keep the cost for our commercial real estate services down.
The sooner you talk to the commercial real estate attorneys at ST&A, the stronger and more successful your project can be. Call 207.784.3200 to schedule a consultation today.