In the complicated and ever-changing world of corporate and business finance, local and national financial services providers need an experienced legal team with real-world regulatory experience.
Financial institutions all over Maine turn to Skelton Taintor & Abbott for a simple reason—our legal experts have played a significant role in developing current state policy on data security, privacy, predatory lending, UCC revisions, insurance sales and the Universal Bank Charter. Banks and credit unions who want to succeed in today’s regulatory environment rely on the top-ranked legal firm who have done so much to shape it.
Our top-ranked financial law attorneys provide sound counsel and smart strategies for:
- Operational issues,
- State and federal regulatory requirements,
- Commercial lending,
- Consumer credit,
- Mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs,
- Charter formations and conversions, and
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy.ST&A is a highly respected, nationally ranked firm with a 160-year-long record of results and a convenient location in central Maine that allows us to keep costs low. The financial lending institutions we represent know how invested we are in their success. To see what ST&A can do for you, call 207.784.3200 today.
- And like all ST&A corporate clients, financial institutions benefit from having a tight-knit team of top-ranked attorneys who can handle other areas of business and financial law. Our bankruptcy and creditors rights team helps financial institutions recover investments and assets through financial foreclosure and loan workouts, while our mergers and acquisitions team supports smart and sustainable growth.